Leaning On Faith: Becoming a Published Author and Business Owner by Carol M. Mackey, Business Transformation Coach and Executive Marketing Consultant
Listen to her Sisterhood session today: http://www.audioacrobat.com/sa/Wh91wM3T
Don't forget about your dreams! God planted something inside you...don't ignore those little pricks in your spirit. He wants you to act on your dreams.
CAROL'S TALKING POINTS
* Why I wrote Sistergirl Devotions - to help other black women of faith make it through in an environment that doesn't welcome you. God is with you so who can be against you?
* It's never too late - My first book was published at age 48!
* Once you get published, that's when the real work begins - promotion, publicity, marketing, it's all on you. You will enjoy the process though.
* Don't forget about your dream - God planted something inside you...don't ignore those little pricks in your spirit. He wants you to act on your dream, even if you have a job.
* Always pay it forward - Help someone else along the way.
About the Author
Carol M. Mackey is author of Faces of Praise!: Photos and Gospel Inspirations to Encourage and Uplift and Sistergirl Devotions: Keeping Jesus in the Mix on the Job.
She is the former Editor-in-Chief and Brand Ambassador of Black Expressions Book Club, the largest direct-to-consumer book club for African Americans in the nation.
Carol was named among the “50 Most Powerful African Americans in Publishing” by Black Issues Book Review. Carol’s career has included work at Newsday, as well as for The New York Times and Essence Communications.
Carol has appeared on the CBS-TV Morning Show and is frequently interviewed by Publishers Weekly on the state of African American publishing. Carol sits on the Board for the National Book Club Conference and the African-American Literary Awards Show.
For book signings or speaking engagements, please email Carol at email@example.com
Books By Carol M. Mackey
TWITTER HANDLE: https://twitter.com/carol_mackey
FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/thecarolmackeyfanpage
#CrownHoldersTransmedia, #WomenHistoryMonth, #BlackPearlsMagazine, #CrownHoldersLead, #WomenOfANewDay, #ThankBlackWomen, #BlackWomenAppreciationDay, #BlackHistory365, #BlackHistoryBlackLit365, #HerStoryHerVoice, #HerLifeHerTerms, #TheSisterhood, #StorytellersBookTour, #TheLitTakeOver, #TheMorningTea, #BetterElla, #GetLitWithElla, #UnWrappedLit, #SeducingThePen