How to File Taxes For Free
by Harrine Freeman
by Harrine Freeman
Filing taxes can be a burden for many taxpayers. There are several options for filing taxes and some taxpayers are eligible to file their taxes for free. Here are 7 ways to file your taxes for free.
1. Free Software. If your adjusted gross income is $60,000 or less you can use free tax software such as: Turbo Tax, Free TaxAct or Tax Slayer.
2. Use Free Forms. Anyone can use free file fillable forms from freefilefillableforms.com. The site provides online versions of paper federal tax forms.
3. Use Free Services. Find free tax clinics in you earn less than $60,000 per year or contact AARP if you 50 or older.
4. Paper forms. Use paper tax forms to file your taxes and mail them to the IRS. If you filed last year’s taxes with paper forms the IRS will mail you forms this year. The only cost is postage. To order paper tax forms call 800-829-3676 Monday - 7 am - 7 pm.
5. VITA. You can get your taxes prepared for free using the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program call 1-800-906-9887.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locator
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers - especially those 60 and older - at more than 5,000 locations nationwide. Find a location near you by searching below. Don't forget to bring your important documents to the site, especially those related to the Affordable Care Act. Access the complete list here.
Meet the Author
Harrine Freeman is an authority on personal finance with over 10 years of experience under her belt. Freeman is a financial counselor, CEO of H.E. Freeman Enterprises and Author of "How to Get out of Debt: Get An “A” Credit Rating for Free," a self-help book on credit repair that provides consumers with a step by step plan on how to get out of debt, increase their credit rating and plan for the future.
She has impacted the lives of thousands of people in the United States through public speaking engagements and financial counseling. She is called upon by business owners, CEO’s, celebrities, students, teachers, sororities, fraternities, displaced workers, veterans and families. She helps client's prepare for financial freedom, by providing useful advice, resources and the tricks of the trade to ease concerns and really steer clients in the right financial direction.
She is a member of Credit Professionals International, American Association of Daily Money Managers, American Association of Individual Investors and National Speakers Association.
She has been featured in: Featured in Market Watch, Wall Street Journal, Forbes,The Washington Post, NASDAQ, Huffington Post, MSN Money, Black Enterprise, Essence Magazine, Ebony, Woman’s Day magazines.
Connect with Harrine Online:
Purchase How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free [Kindle Edition]
Other Sources: How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free