by Harrine Freeman
Credit scores are used to determine: if you will be hired for a job, approval for credit, interest rates, terms and conditions, down payment costs, rates for medical and other insurance coverage, approval for cable and internet service and more.
A credit score ranges from 300-850 with 850 being the highest score and 300 being the lowest core. A good credit score is 700 or above. Here are 6 things you can do to increase credit score:
1. Review. Review your credit reports at least once a year at www.annualcreditreport.com and fix any errors on your credit reports.
2. Balances. Keep credit card balances at 20% or less of the credit limit.
3. New Accounts. Don’t open more than one new account every 2 years.
4. Payments. Pay all your bills on time. Get current on any late accounts.
5. Credit. If you have bad credit open a secured credit card to help reestablish your credit history.
6. Purchase the book How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free
Can you imagine how your life would change if you had good credit? Imagine the relief? Less stress, not worrying about bill collectors calling you at home or at work, and putting an end to your fights with your partner, spouse or children that are caused by not having any money. You would be able to buy things that you needed or wanted, and get a great interest rate for a home or car loan. These are just some of the many benefits of having good credit and using this book can help you reach that important financial goal.
My own story begins my sophomore year in college. At $19,000 in debt, I knew I was in deep trouble and had to dramatically change my life and spending habits.
This comprehensive self-help book provides step by step details on how to repair your credit, get out of debt, create your own flexible spending plan and maintain your good credit without having to go to a credit counseling agency or file for bankruptcy.
Available on iTunes:
Order print or ebook here:
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Harrine Freeman, Speaker, Financial Planner/Coach, Freelance Writer, Author
As Seen is Forbes, Market Watch, MSN Money, Mint.com, NASDAQ, Yahoo
Connect with Harrine Online:
Purchase How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free [Kindle Edition]